Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dawson's Dedication


As pastor, I've had the privelege of dedicating and baptizing a lot of kids, never my own kid, though. On Easter Sunday, however almost our entire family along with Dawson's birth family gathered to dedicate Dawson to Christ, it was a beautiful moment. I didn't notice at the time, but as I was showing him off to the congregation, he was waving to everyone.

The following is what we said for the dedication:

In presenting Dawson for dedication, Erin and I signify not only our faith in Christ but also our desire that he would, from an early age, know and follow the will of God. That he would follow Christ in this life and spend eternity with him in the next.
In order to achieve this holy goal, we are committing to teaching him early to respect the Lord, we will watch over his education, to direct his young mind to the Holy Scriptures, and his feet to church. We will help him avoid evil relationships and habits, we’ll do all we can to bring him up in the nurture and knowledge of a relationship with Christ.
Erin and I make this commitment before our entire church family, by saying we will.
I now ask all of you, our church, will you commit to supporting and encourage us in our effort to fulfill these responsibilities and to assist Dawson by nurturing her spiritual development?
If so, answer, we will – WE WILL
Our loving Heavenly Father, we dedicate Dawson Patrick Miller in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Prayer – Danny Miller

It ended with a very tearful prayer by my dad.

I've tried to upload the video to youtube but I think the file is too large.

1 comment:

  1. As the head people-counter, I advise we continue the baby dedication splurge. It does amazing things for our stats!!

    ReplyDelete