Monday, December 7, 2009

First Words

Donnie and I have been able to pick up a few words that Dawson has started to understand. He smiles when he hears his name and when we start to read his favorite book, Snuggle Puppy. He understands Mommy and Daddy when he hears them and has started to say them in his own way - "Mama" and "Dah". My favorite time of the day is when I get home from work and he sees me. He gets a HUGE smile on his face and starts crawling over to grab onto my pant legs all the while saying, "Mama, Mama!"
Another important item to Dawson is his bottle. He has used his version of the word, "baba" several times in context, asking us for it. He is now able to hold it by himself without help. And you should see him go to town with it. When he sees it he often squeals and if it is anywhere near his reach, he grabs it!

No comments:

Post a Comment