Friday, November 6, 2009

By George, I think we've got one?!?! A tooth that is...

Yesterday evening, I caught a glimpse of a little white something poking through the little pink gums inside Dawson's mouth. Yep! After several months of thinking that Dawson has been teething, I think the first tooth is pushing through his little gums. You see, I think most new parents think that their child is teething for a long time before the teeth actually show up in their child's mouth. Most of the time if I can't figure out why Dawson is fussy, I blame it on his yet-to-be-seen teeth that MUST be causing him serious pain. If it is not hunger, sleepiness, or a need for a fresh diaper, it must be tooth related! I have been joking with Donnie that we need to take him to the dentist to see if they will x-ray his mouth to see if there actually are teeth inside there! The difficulty with a baby is, he doesn't like me to stick my finger in his mouth for my purposes to see if there are any teeth... If it is his idea, by all means, he can chew, suck, or drool all over my fingers. :) But I think in the midst of his protest last night, I discovered a little tooth edge poking through his bottom gums. A little one-toothed wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment