Monday, March 30, 2009

Daddy's Preaching

Two weeks ago, I preached this message about sex. At the end, I shared how God often takes our (what feels to us like our) biggest mistakes and turns them into amazing gifts. I used Dawson as an example, how his birth mom felt for months like God was punishing her but after coming to understand our joy in the gift of Dawson, her perspective was changed.

The cool part is this; as I was talking about Dawson he was wearing a big smile. His Aunt Casey was holding him and quite a few people saw him smiling. How cool is that?

Tonight I preached Pat Logan's funeral. Erin was holding Dawson in the back of the room and when I got up to speak, Dawson started to squeak, which filled my heart with an incredible warmth. I'm not totally sure, but Erin's convinced Dawson squeaked because he heard Daddy's voice.

I hope my boy grows up to enjoy (or at least tolerate) his Daddy's preaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment